You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Family sharing

How do I stop family sharing when the creator doesn’t have access to iPhone anymore and it doesn’t give me the option when going to settings and then family sharing then my name

Posted on Jun 11, 2021 6:22 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 11, 2021 6:32 PM

Are you over the age of 13? Any child under 13 cannot be removed from a family. They can be transferred to another family. If you are over 13, you can try to remove yourself this way.

Remove your account from a family group

If your Apple ID is being used to share purchases with a family group that you no longer want to be part of, you can visit your Apple ID account page and remove the account from the family directly. Go to appleid.apple.com and sign in with the Apple ID and password for the account you want to remove. In the Family Sharing section, choose Remove Account > Remove. After you leave the family group, you can start your own family group or join another one.

The text above was copied from here.

Leave Family Sharing - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 11, 2021 6:32 PM in response to Leeannnnnn

Are you over the age of 13? Any child under 13 cannot be removed from a family. They can be transferred to another family. If you are over 13, you can try to remove yourself this way.

Remove your account from a family group

If your Apple ID is being used to share purchases with a family group that you no longer want to be part of, you can visit your Apple ID account page and remove the account from the family directly. Go to appleid.apple.com and sign in with the Apple ID and password for the account you want to remove. In the Family Sharing section, choose Remove Account > Remove. After you leave the family group, you can start your own family group or join another one.

The text above was copied from here.

Leave Family Sharing - Apple Support

Family sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.