You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Playing audible books on iPhone

Ive been playing Audible books on my iPhone8 for a long time, but after the last update to 14.6 the book stops playing as soon as the screen goes into sleep mode. I contacted Apple support yesterday and was told to turn off Media & Music, which I have done. They did say they would report this issue.

I’ve also closed all other apps, so Audible is the only app active on the phone. It worked for the rest of the day, but today it’s doing it again. Anyone got any other suggestions? It’s extremely irritating!

iPhone 8, iOS 14

Posted on Jun 12, 2021 2:12 AM

1 reply

Jun 13, 2021 7:40 AM in response to lareine57

Hi lareine57,

We understand you're experiencing some problems with the Audible app not playing once your iPhone screen is locked, and we'll get you pointed in the right direction.

For the best help, we encourage you to contact the developer for the Audible app itself, as they'll have the most accurate information about how the app should behave. Here's how to find their contact information: How to contact an app developer

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know!

Have a great day.

Playing audible books on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.