You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t do update on watch

I have tried everything to get my watch to update. I’ve unpaired and reinstalled about 3 different times. It started to install and then it said it didn’t have internet which it did. I don’t know what to do now, but it just won’t update.

ive even tried just updating it through the watch and that doesn’t work either. I just keep getting the same notification about unpairing.

very frustrating!

Apple Watch Series 3, watchOS 7

Posted on Jun 12, 2021 5:25 PM

2 replies

Jun 13, 2021 1:26 AM in response to Nessynoo32

The apple watch 3 GPS only has only 8GB of internal storage, most of that is taken up by the operating system and other critical software.So installing to an ios14 phone is nearly impossible,if you can find a phone with ios13 and pair the watch and update it with that then unpair and you can re-pair it to your ios14 phone.

This is the only workaround that I have personally seen that works.(Tried it with an old watch 3 I had lying around with WatchOS6 on it).

Can’t do update on watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.