You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Playlist order when adding new songs is wrong.

Whenever I add a new song to a playlist in the Music app on my Mac (i.e. by dragging an MP3 file from a folder), the Music app puts it all the way at the bottom of the list instead of in the position where I dragged it.

My playlist has 250 items in it, and it has become a major chore to constantly go to the bottom, find the new songs, and drag them to the proper location.

I've been maintaining this playlist for years and it has NOT always done this, only recently have things changed. In the past, I was always able to drag new items to a specific location.

Was this an intentional change? If so, why? And, how do I get it to work the way I want?

Frank

Posted on Jun 13, 2021 4:13 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 15, 2021 7:19 AM

Thanks for the reply. The songs are already sorted on "Playlist Order". This does not solve the problem.

Similar questions

3 replies

Jun 14, 2021 11:17 AM in response to flarosa

Hey Flarosa,

Thanks for posting your question in Apple Support Communities!

There are a few things you can try here in order to try to resolve your playlist issue. In what order do you have the songs sorted? You can change the order the songs are sorted by going to your menu bar at the top of your screen and selecting View > Sort By > Playlist Order.

Best Wishes

Playlist order when adding new songs is wrong.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.