You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Manually save screenshot

Usually when I take a screenshot (command + Shift + 3) I would automatically save to my desktop. Right now, every time I screenshot it would show up right away and I would have to click the close button on the corner and then a box will pop up like the attached image below. This is frustrating especially when im trying to screenshot a class. How do I make this back to when I did not have to manually save it every time. I have a MacBook Air 2019, Retina 13-inch

MacBook Air

Posted on Jun 13, 2021 9:22 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 13, 2021 10:35 PM

verulee Said:

"Manually save screenshot: Usually when I take a screenshot (command + Shift + 3) I would automatically save to my desktop. Right now, every time I screenshot it would show up right away and I would have to click the close button on the corner and then a box will pop up like the attached image below.[...]"

-------

Try the Following:

1. Press: [Hold Down: command + shift +5]
  2. Click: Options button
  3. Select: Desktop (first item down)

Image:

Note: I could not take a screenshot of a screenshot, so, I took a photo of it.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 13, 2021 10:35 PM in response to verulee

verulee Said:

"Manually save screenshot: Usually when I take a screenshot (command + Shift + 3) I would automatically save to my desktop. Right now, every time I screenshot it would show up right away and I would have to click the close button on the corner and then a box will pop up like the attached image below.[...]"

-------

Try the Following:

1. Press: [Hold Down: command + shift +5]
  2. Click: Options button
  3. Select: Desktop (first item down)

Image:

Note: I could not take a screenshot of a screenshot, so, I took a photo of it.

Manually save screenshot

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.