You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to update my mac

I am currently using mac os - Catalina 10.15.6

unable to update the mac to 10.15.7 or big sur.

After clicking on restart while installing it immediate the restart the mac and showing the below error.

BAD MAGIC! (flag set in iBoot panic header), no macOS panic log available

Mac mini, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 16, 2021 4:19 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 16, 2021 4:30 AM

macOS Big Sur is compatible with these computers - it this computer appear on this list - it Qualifies for Big Sur.

How to upgrade to macOS Big Sur and be sure to check the Empty Space Requirements -i f upgrading from macOS Sierra or later, your Mac needs 35.5GB of available storage to upgrade. If upgrading from an earlier release, your Mac needs up to 44.5GB of available storage. To upgrade from OS X Mountain Lion, first upgrade to OS X El Capitan, then upgrade to macOS Big Sur.

Worth Reading Before attempting the upgrade to Big Sur >> Tips How to Upgrade to Big Sur 

14 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 16, 2021 4:30 AM in response to pavan2004

macOS Big Sur is compatible with these computers - it this computer appear on this list - it Qualifies for Big Sur.

How to upgrade to macOS Big Sur and be sure to check the Empty Space Requirements -i f upgrading from macOS Sierra or later, your Mac needs 35.5GB of available storage to upgrade. If upgrading from an earlier release, your Mac needs up to 44.5GB of available storage. To upgrade from OS X Mountain Lion, first upgrade to OS X El Capitan, then upgrade to macOS Big Sur.

Worth Reading Before attempting the upgrade to Big Sur >> Tips How to Upgrade to Big Sur 

Jun 17, 2021 6:00 AM in response to pavan2004

Etrecheck is a diagnostic utility that you can download for free. It was created by frequent contributor so that users trying to help here can look at the report and be able know enough about your setup to better assist. As you can see for yourself before posting, the report does not contain any private information but will let us know stuff like the OS version, recent crashes and most importantly third party software modifications that may be causing problems.

Jun 17, 2021 6:26 AM in response to pavan2004

Would be even better if the Report was with Full Disc Access. This is only a partial report and as such can only give partial support.

Run the application with Full Disc Access ( Security & Privacy - Full Disc Access ). It will take a Snap Shot -  both the hardware and software. The Report will Not Reveal Any Personal Information. Post back the Full Report - copy and paste - using the Additional Text Icon ( 3rd Icon to last )

Jun 17, 2021 6:56 AM in response to PRP_53

P. Phillips wrote:

@Luis S - Noticed UnBalanced RAM - Bank 0 - No RAM Installed and Bank 1 - 16 GB RAM. We know apple hardware software is very picky about such things. Thusly the Update / upgrade is kicking OUT

Maybe, but I don't think it's likely. There can be a small benefit from balanced RAM, but AFAIK it has not been required in recent years in any mac.

Unable to update my mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.