You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

M1 Mac mini crash issue. Attached a full report

I deleted problematic apps and then reinstall macOS but it kept happening again and again. At this point, I'm wasting so much time on dealing with this issue. If you are interested to check the crash report, here it is. I did nothing but surfing Safari.

Mac mini, macOS 11.4

Posted on Jun 16, 2021 10:01 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 16, 2021 6:55 PM

I don't have access to any M1 kernel panic technical papers, so this may not apply to M1 Macs, but, if you don't have any third-party kernel extensions loaded when you get a panic, it is most likely a hardware problem.

If you have erased and reinstalled with no other changes and don't have any external hardware attached, take it to an Apple Store or Authorized Repair Center.

In a very rare case it could be caused by Apple's kexts. Maybe less rare given the newness of the M1 Macs.

Regardless, Apple will likely never learn about it if nobody takes their Macs in for diagnostics.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 16, 2021 6:55 PM in response to Sunshine7913

I don't have access to any M1 kernel panic technical papers, so this may not apply to M1 Macs, but, if you don't have any third-party kernel extensions loaded when you get a panic, it is most likely a hardware problem.

If you have erased and reinstalled with no other changes and don't have any external hardware attached, take it to an Apple Store or Authorized Repair Center.

In a very rare case it could be caused by Apple's kexts. Maybe less rare given the newness of the M1 Macs.

Regardless, Apple will likely never learn about it if nobody takes their Macs in for diagnostics.

Jun 16, 2021 10:21 AM in response to Sunshine7913

crash reports are hard to interpret for most members here. i'm thinking you will get more responses if you download and run the free version of EtreCheck so we can see if you have some software installed that is causing your issue. make sure you give "full disk access" to etrecheck. read how to use it by reading Using EtreCheck. if you need help interpreting the report, you can see how to post the report here by reading How to use the Add Text Feature When Posting Large Amounts of Text, i.e. an Etrecheck Report. and it automatically obscures sensitive things (like serial numbers) so you don't have to worry about sharing the report here.

M1 Mac mini crash issue. Attached a full report

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.