You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV 4K (2021) as Homekit Hub with Sunset/Sunrise not working

I recently purchased the Apple TV 4K (2021) and intended to use it as a Homekit Hub. Previously we used an iPad as the hub to control some outdoor lights using the Sunset automation to turn on, then turn off at 11PM. This worked rather well for several months.

With the Apple TV as the hub, the Sunrise and Sunset automation doesn't work. The lights function fine when I put in actual times to turn on and off. Wondering if anyone had any similar issues.

I've already restored the Apple TV (factory restored) and started over, updated to TVOS 14.6, rebooted iPhone that I use to setup automations, and nothing seems to be working.

Thanks

Apple TV 4K

Posted on Jun 17, 2021 7:45 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 24, 2021 9:15 PM

Ok, it appears to be working now, in case anyone is interested or comes across a similar problem. What fixed my issue is I logged the apple TV out of my iCloud account, then logged back in. This re-setup the Homekit settings so now it's synced to my timezone for Sunset/Sunrise automations.

Hope this helps others.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 24, 2021 9:15 PM in response to Deliriouspiper

Ok, it appears to be working now, in case anyone is interested or comes across a similar problem. What fixed my issue is I logged the apple TV out of my iCloud account, then logged back in. This re-setup the Homekit settings so now it's synced to my timezone for Sunset/Sunrise automations.

Hope this helps others.

Jun 18, 2021 11:36 AM in response to Deliriouspiper

On additional note that I found out. With the Sunset automation set, the lights would not come one at sunset, but for some reason at 11AM during the day. I turned off this automation and lights did not come on again at 11AM. There must be some issue with the geographical location. My Apple TV is set for Pacific Time as well as my Phone, so I'm not sure where else this discrepancy could be caused.

Apple TV 4K (2021) as Homekit Hub with Sunset/Sunrise not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.