You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is att.net’s email service no longer compatible with Safari 13.1.2?

I began having issues signing in to my sbcglobal.net email via Yahoo when using Safari 13.1.2 on my desktop (my desktop's OS is High Sierra). No problems signing in through through Chrome or even when using my MacBook Air (OS Mojave). Is att.net's email no longer compatible with Safari 13.1.2?

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jun 17, 2021 8:12 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 17, 2021 9:41 AM

The following is from ATT support article https://www.att.com/support/article/email-support/KM1063685/

Supported browsers

You can use your AT&T email with the 2 most recent versions of Mozilla® Firefox®, Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome™, and Safari®. 

4 replies

Jun 17, 2021 9:55 AM in response to alejandroriera

The information below may help:

The model year of an iMac is available at Apple menu > About This Mac.

A late-2009 through mid-2011 iMac can be upgraded to High Sierra 10.13.6 but no later version.

A late-2012 through late-2013 iMac can be upgraded to Catalina 10.15.7. See: How to get old versions of macOS - Apple Support

A mid-2014 or later can be upgraded to the current version of Big Sur. See: How to upgrade to macOS Big Sur - Apple Support

Note that if you have any non-Apple 32 bit apps, they will not run on Catalina or Big Sur and will need to be updated. See: 32-bit app compatibility with macOS High Sierra 10.13.4 and later - Apple Support

Jul 1, 2021 8:22 AM in response to FoxFifth

It's apparently not just Safari, but also Apple Mail, I suspect because they both share WebKit or other structural elements. At least that's my tentative theory. I have a client who has two very old AT&T free email accounts (actually yahoo) which worked ok until a few weeks ago. Suddenly they could not access either account on two iMacs (Mojave), two iPhones, and an iPad (iPhones and iPad are pretty new models running the current iOS). So that might let the version of Safari off the hook, because of the iPhones and iPad having the same problem.

After spending a couple hours on the phone with AT&T tech support we finally managed to reset a password which gave us access in Firefox but still not in Mail or Safari. Finally clients're incentivized to move to a different mail host, which I've been bugging them about for years.

Is att.net’s email service no longer compatible with Safari 13.1.2?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.