You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Working with synchronized clips on the timeline

Hello,

I have a two camera shoot plus audio, all divided into two segments. So, each segment has two video files and a master audio file.

I've imported these into FCPX. I right click on the two video files and the audio file and select "Synchronize Clips."

This creates a synch'd bundle of the video and audio clips.

When I transfer the first "bundle" to the timeline and double click the small icon in the left corner, the synched clips expand.

When I try to add the second "bundle" to the timeline, it goes into place as anticipated. However, when I double click the same icon on the second bundle, the first bundle disappears from the timeline.

I'm trying have both expanded bundles on the timeline concurrently.

I did not use "multicam" clip because I want to do a split screen, not cut between cameras.

Happy to clarify anything necessary.

Thanks very much for any assistance you can provide.

SR

Posted on Jun 18, 2021 4:42 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 18, 2021 4:56 PM

You are stepping into each sync'd clip to show it's contents when you double-click, much like double-clicking a multicam opens it in the angle editor. It is also displayed in the timeline window. I don't think there's a way to step into multiple sync'd or multicams simultaneously.

Similar questions

2 replies

Working with synchronized clips on the timeline

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.