You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Saved a os restore point in itunes. The update failed freezing phone screen showing logo and 20% progress lline. Itunes can't recognize the phone to restore it.

How do I get itunes to restore the iphone SE after the update failed and the phone was left frozen with the progress line showing 20% completion.

iPhone SE, iOS 13

Posted on Jun 19, 2021 9:34 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 21, 2021 6:38 AM

I disconnected power to the phone and let the phone battery completely discharge. When I reconnected the phone to a battery source it went into a state asking me to plug it into my computer. Upon plugging it into the computer, I was able to open iTunes and it recognized the iphone giving me the choice of doing an update or restore. I tried the update which again failed, went through the discharge process again, and repeated the power up, plug into the computer process. I then selected restore and that process completed and I was able to restore the iphone to my saved state. It now works well.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 21, 2021 6:38 AM in response to dllace

I disconnected power to the phone and let the phone battery completely discharge. When I reconnected the phone to a battery source it went into a state asking me to plug it into my computer. Upon plugging it into the computer, I was able to open iTunes and it recognized the iphone giving me the choice of doing an update or restore. I tried the update which again failed, went through the discharge process again, and repeated the power up, plug into the computer process. I then selected restore and that process completed and I was able to restore the iphone to my saved state. It now works well.

Saved a os restore point in itunes. The update failed freezing phone screen showing logo and 20% progress lline. Itunes can't recognize the phone to restore it.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.