You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lossless audio and Dolby Atmos cause app to crash

Apple Music app on my iPhone suddenly stopped working, when I push play it doesn’t play the song and I’m redirected to the Home Screen while the app stays opened.

iPhone 11, iOS 14.6

It happened out of the blue, I was listening to an Apple Music’s playlist and it stopped playing the song.

I tried restarting my iPhone, deleting and reinstalling the app, but to no avail. Other apps work fine.

This is a screen capture of the behavior I’m experiencing.

https://streamable.com/n1zy4r

Strangely, I disabled Lossless Audio from settings and left Dolby Atmos on automatic and it worked, but if I played a Dolby Atmos song it crashed again, the only way for the app not to crash is to disable both Lossless Audio and Dolby Atmos from Settings > Music > Dolby Atmos and Settings > Music > Audio Quality.

Hope a fix is coming soon.

iPhone 11

Posted on Jun 21, 2021 3:20 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 4, 2021 9:00 AM

It worked for me with AirPods Pro:

1. Disable Lossless and Dolby Atmos
  2. Forget AirPods Pro as a device
  3. Connect it again
  4. Play DA song
  5. Enable DA while playing
3 replies

Lossless audio and Dolby Atmos cause app to crash

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.