You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trade In MacBook Air 2017 to Apple

I am trading in my 2017 MacBook Air to Apple and purchasing a new MacBook Air (2021). How do I reset my current MacBook Air to the factory settings prior to the trade-in and what MacOS should be installed on the device prior to the transaction? Thanks for your time and consideration of this query.

MacBook Air

Posted on Jun 21, 2021 7:33 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 21, 2021 8:20 PM

Click on the link to read 'What to do before selling or giving away your Mac.' --> http://support.apple.com/HT201065

Install the original operating system version since that one does not link it to your identity.

3 replies

Jun 22, 2021 6:46 AM in response to Xander13511

If you work your way through the various links and links contained in them you eventually find:

How to reinstall macOS - Apple Support

On an Intel-based Mac: If you use Shift-Option-Command-R during startup, you're offered the macOS that came with your Mac, or the closest version still available.

That will require a download from Apple but it should be part of the reinstall process.

Trade In MacBook Air 2017 to Apple

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.