You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do I need to keep paying for storage on my wife’s phone if I have the the 2tb plan

Do I need to keep paying storage on my wife’s phone if I have the 2tb plan and I’m sharing it with her

Posted on Jun 22, 2021 6:39 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 22, 2021 6:50 AM

No need to keep paying.

I performed the exact same thing; when the AppleOne 2TB “family storage” was shared, the “spouses” 200 GB storage plan was automatically cancelled.

Similarly, the AppleTV+ “free year” (which only had 2 weeks remaining) transitioned seamlessly into AppleOne … complete w/ the added “first month free”

No “cancelling” of the existing legacy subscriptions was necessary.

I was quite impressed w/ how smoothly it all worked.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 22, 2021 6:50 AM in response to Latfamily

No need to keep paying.

I performed the exact same thing; when the AppleOne 2TB “family storage” was shared, the “spouses” 200 GB storage plan was automatically cancelled.

Similarly, the AppleTV+ “free year” (which only had 2 weeks remaining) transitioned seamlessly into AppleOne … complete w/ the added “first month free”

No “cancelling” of the existing legacy subscriptions was necessary.

I was quite impressed w/ how smoothly it all worked.

Jun 22, 2021 6:45 AM in response to Latfamily

You are not paying for storage on her phone: you can't increase the storage on an iPhone. The 2TB plan is for storage online at iCloud which is accessible from both your and her phone. If she has had separate storage that will be cancelled and the balance refunded if you've enrolled her in a Family Plan - she can't have two lots of iCloud storage.

Do I need to keep paying for storage on my wife’s phone if I have the the 2tb plan

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.