You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Linking 2 Displays to my MacBook Air 13'

My MacBook Air has only 2 USBc ports, and I have 2 monitors I need to connect to it. I need to use one of those ports for my charger, and when I attach one of the monitors via DisplayPort to USBc via the dock that I was given, the monitor does not connect. I've tried this with 2 different docks and neither is working. Any input or troubleshooting ideas? I've tried "Detect Displays" but this does not help.

Using DisplayPort to USBc for both. HDMI -> HDMI also does not work for the monitor when I put it into the dock.

Posted on Jun 24, 2021 11:10 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 24, 2021 11:24 AM

The current MacBook Airs do not support 2 displays. Only one display is supported via the USB-C connection.

https://www.apple.com/macbook-air/specs/

Simultaneously supports full native resolution on the built-in display at millions of colors and:

• One external display with up to 6K resolution at 60Hz

Thunderbolt 3 digital video output

• Native DisplayPort output over USB-C
  • VGA, HDMI, DVI, and Thunderbolt 2 output supported using adapters (sold separately)

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 24, 2021 11:24 AM in response to lukas_cartmell

The current MacBook Airs do not support 2 displays. Only one display is supported via the USB-C connection.

https://www.apple.com/macbook-air/specs/

Simultaneously supports full native resolution on the built-in display at millions of colors and:

• One external display with up to 6K resolution at 60Hz

Thunderbolt 3 digital video output

• Native DisplayPort output over USB-C
  • VGA, HDMI, DVI, and Thunderbolt 2 output supported using adapters (sold separately)

Linking 2 Displays to my MacBook Air 13'

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.