You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I enable MMS??

How do I enable MMS versus SMS on my iPhone for messages so I can send pictures

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Jun 24, 2021 11:43 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 24, 2021 11:47 AM

You must contact your carrier to have them verify that SMS and MMS are enabled on your account, as that is their department. SMS only requires a voice connection, however, MMS requires that cellular data be turned on.

You also need to go to Settings/Messages and turn on MMS (SMS is always on if it is set up correctly on your account; the SMS switch is just to tell your phone to send a text via SMS if an iMessage connection fails).

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 24, 2021 11:47 AM in response to mellanea

You must contact your carrier to have them verify that SMS and MMS are enabled on your account, as that is their department. SMS only requires a voice connection, however, MMS requires that cellular data be turned on.

You also need to go to Settings/Messages and turn on MMS (SMS is always on if it is set up correctly on your account; the SMS switch is just to tell your phone to send a text via SMS if an iMessage connection fails).

How do I enable MMS??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.