You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

losing trackpad connection on my new 24" iMac

I have an older trackpad that I want to use with my new M1 iMac. It tries to connect but loses connection almost immediately. Battery life is 84% on the trackpad. Always lose connection before I can set it up, or loses connection after I set it up. Any ideas out there?

Posted on Jun 25, 2021 1:56 PM

8 replies

Jun 26, 2021 1:22 PM in response to rkaufmann87

I have 8 gig of Ram. Already about to get overloaded. Hoping adding more storage will help. Getting a 16 gig machine would be too time consuming. Hopefully adding SSD will help with my potential dilemma. Want to store tons of stuff that is currently on my HD drive on the 2011 iMac. I don't want to be disappointed that I bought an 8 gig machine. I've purchased RAM for the old iMac and am maxed out there with 32 gig. guy at the Apple store said new 8 gig cannot be compared to the old machine.

losing trackpad connection on my new 24" iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.