You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hi in my backup it says there’s 3.98G of data in whatsapp msgr but on my whatsapp app I can only see 1G of data, how to retrieve the missing data that was backed up?

Hi,

In my backup info it says there’s 3.98G of data for whatsapp msgr but I can only see 1G with my whatsapp app, how to retrieve the missing 2.98G worth of data from my backup?

Thanks

Posted on Jun 26, 2021 8:46 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 26, 2021 9:16 PM

salita008 Said:

"Hi,: In my backup info it says there’s 3.98G of data for whatsapp msgr but I can only see 1G with my whatsapp app, how to retrieve the missing 2.98G worth of data from my backup? Thanks"

-------

Clear "Other":

Clear the storage named "Other". It basically contains unnecessary files such as caches that are used for system ease of use - all of which gather over time: How to Clear "Other" in your iPhone's Storage - Use Backup - User Tips. This 2.98GB of data may be caches.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 26, 2021 9:16 PM in response to salita008

salita008 Said:

"Hi,: In my backup info it says there’s 3.98G of data for whatsapp msgr but I can only see 1G with my whatsapp app, how to retrieve the missing 2.98G worth of data from my backup? Thanks"

-------

Clear "Other":

Clear the storage named "Other". It basically contains unnecessary files such as caches that are used for system ease of use - all of which gather over time: How to Clear "Other" in your iPhone's Storage - Use Backup - User Tips. This 2.98GB of data may be caches.

Hi in my backup it says there’s 3.98G of data in whatsapp msgr but on my whatsapp app I can only see 1G of data, how to retrieve the missing data that was backed up?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.