You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My own music on my iPhone

I am trying to listen to my music on my iphone. I switched from a galaxy to an iphone many years ago and left my music behind. I would like to have it again, but it appears I cannot listen to it unless I have an Apple subscription? Please tell me Apple is not that petty that they charge you a monthly fee just to listen to your own music...

iPhone 7, iOS 14

Posted on Jun 27, 2021 3:17 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 27, 2021 3:22 PM

The monthly fee is for Apple Music.

You can download songs individually from the iTunes Store if you wish.

You should find the following article helpful in transferring content from your Android device to your new iPhone

Move content manually from your Android device to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 27, 2021 3:22 PM in response to lilolehs

The monthly fee is for Apple Music.

You can download songs individually from the iTunes Store if you wish.

You should find the following article helpful in transferring content from your Android device to your new iPhone

Move content manually from your Android device to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

My own music on my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.