You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When re-charging Keyboard or Mouse, how do you know when fully charged, as my Mouse seems to need charging every day?

My Mouse seems to need charging every day . Is this normal, and there seems to be no way of knowing when keyboard or Mouse are fully charged.

iMac 21.5″, macOS 11.4

Posted on Jun 28, 2021 1:21 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 28, 2021 1:55 AM

You can check the battery level:

However it certainly shouldn't need charging every day - weeks would be more likely. Are you sure you're charging them fully? It's a slow process and may take several hours.

If you are fully charging them and you've had them for some time the battery may be failing. I don't know whether batteries can be replaced, you'd have to ask Support.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 28, 2021 1:55 AM in response to captpeet1

You can check the battery level:

However it certainly shouldn't need charging every day - weeks would be more likely. Are you sure you're charging them fully? It's a slow process and may take several hours.

If you are fully charging them and you've had them for some time the battery may be failing. I don't know whether batteries can be replaced, you'd have to ask Support.

Jun 28, 2021 3:10 AM in response to Roger Wilmut1

Hello Roger,

You have enlightened me somewhat!

I have now followed that procedure, thanks.

The keyboard seem ok at 71% after only short charge so I'm happy with that.

I did leave mouse charging overnight, but still not charged and no indication using bluetooth indicator.

I will give it another go, but as you say, battery may need replacing, though I only bought this iMac new , about 6 maths ago.

Anyway many thanks for the steer.

Peter Robinson

-

When re-charging Keyboard or Mouse, how do you know when fully charged, as my Mouse seems to need charging every day?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.