You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am not able to upgrade my MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2020, Four Thunderbolt 3 ports) to Big Sur, it gives error message "The requested version of macOS is not available.".

Team, i am not able to upgrade my MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2020, Four Thunderbolt 3 ports) to Big Sur, it gives error message "The requested version of macOS is not available.". I have gone through tech specs etc and it says it is supported.

Other online articles doesnt help either.

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Jun 28, 2021 2:21 PM

4 replies

Jun 29, 2021 1:55 PM in response to abrahamfromchennai

The missing part of the message that says "xxx is not available ..." should read, "... for the current system, logged in under the current Apple-ID."

The most frequent problem if you have the space is that the Apple-ID you are currently using is different from the one used to set up the computer. It is possible that problems with the payment method linked to your Apple-ID account might cause issues, but that is not a common complaint.

MacOS software is not copy-protected, BUT it does require an appropriate Apple-ID that is actually eligible for the software, and your copy will be tagged with that Apple-ID as it is downloaded to you.

I am not able to upgrade my MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2020, Four Thunderbolt 3 ports) to Big Sur, it gives error message "The requested version of macOS is not available.".

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.