You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro freezes for 15 seconds when using hot corners

I have set a Hot Corner to show Application Windows and switch between them but almost every time I use it the windows get frozen in their position and can't be selected (blue border around the selected one) to use.

I can still click things and write text in the reduced size windows but need to wait for 10-15 seconds before it can be selected and to become full size again.

Any idea where this problem could come from?

I have a MacBook Pro 13" 2016 model running Big Sur 11.3.

3.3 GHz Dual-Core i7, 16 GB RAM

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.3

Posted on Jun 28, 2021 5:09 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2021 10:38 AM

Hi Maximilianoz!

Thanks for confirming that. Let's see if the issue occurs in safe mode using your usual user account. This article also gives instructions for what to do if the issue is still present, and what to do if the issue isn't present:

How to use safe mode on your Mac

Cheers!

6 replies

Jul 7, 2021 4:06 PM in response to Jeff_W.

So I've had time now to start in safe-mode. But I could not test it as the system was really sluggish and after starting Safari with around 40 windows I've got logged out and ended up at the user login window. This happened twice before I restarted in normal mode.

This might be a different issue but it doesn't make sense to me that in safe-mode the system can't handle things it can easily in regular mode. Maybe I have to reinstall macOS.

Macbook Pro freezes for 15 seconds when using hot corners

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.