You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

silent mode is automatically switching on and off (iphone 8+)

when i switch my silent mode too “on” the silent mode button will stay in the “on”position but my phone recognises it as “off”, so which means my phone is not staying on silent when it is suppose to be and when my phone is not comprehending it vibrates as it switches from on and off, this occurrence happens when i turn silent mode on but doesn’t always happen, this lasts for a few minutes, these vibrations are not sound related but motion related.

iPhone 8 Plus

Posted on Jun 29, 2021 5:56 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 29, 2021 6:19 AM

It sounds like there may be a hardware issue with the Mute switch. I suggest that you use the Get Support link at the top of the page here and arrange for Apple Support. If you have an Apple Store close by, you can make an appointment at the Genius Bar there by going here, Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple or you can use the Apple Store or Apple Support app on your phone if you have it installed.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 29, 2021 6:19 AM in response to shayla46

It sounds like there may be a hardware issue with the Mute switch. I suggest that you use the Get Support link at the top of the page here and arrange for Apple Support. If you have an Apple Store close by, you can make an appointment at the Genius Bar there by going here, Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple or you can use the Apple Store or Apple Support app on your phone if you have it installed.

silent mode is automatically switching on and off (iphone 8+)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.