You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri Cuts Me Off

Why does Siri cut me off when I am voice texting? I’ll be mid-sentence and she acts like I’m done. This happens every day.

iPhone XS, iOS 14

Posted on Jun 29, 2021 7:44 PM

4 replies

Jun 30, 2021 1:53 PM in response to 1christianGal

Hi there, 1christianGal! Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. 

After reviewing your post, it sounds like you are looking for some help with your iPhone and Siri. We definitely understand that not having Siri work as expected can be a concern and we'd love to help. Let’s start by taking the following steps, which may help with this unexpected behavior. Restart your iPhone, make sure it is up to date and closing the texting app you are using and reopening it.

1. Restart your iPhone

2. Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

3. Close an app on your iPhone or iPod touch

Please let us know if you have follow-up questions about this issue, or if the issue remains unresolved. Have a great day!

Jul 6, 2021 11:08 AM in response to 1christianGal

Thanks so much for getting back with us, 1christianGal. We use Siri all the time so we definitely understand that would not be easy to deal with. Let's keep looking into this. Does this happen after a certain length of time when you are texting? Approximately how many lines of text will be typed out before it stops, or is it random? Does this happen when you are interacting with Siri outside of the texting applications?

Let us know a bit more and we'll keep checking this together.

Siri Cuts Me Off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.