You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macbookpro5,3 bluetooth disappeared after trying to pair to AirPod Pros

In the process of trying to debug the crackling issue I am having with my AirPod Pros(A2084 firmware 3e751) with customer support they asked if I was having the same issue in all apps or with other devices. Normally the AirPods are connected to my iPhone 12 pro (iOS 14.6m firmware 1.71.01) so I tried connecting the AirPods to my MBP5,3 (mid 2009 15" 8gb ram) running 10.11.6. The AirPods appeared and I started the pairing process then I got a spinning beach ball, the system locked up, and I did a hard restart (hold the power button), when the MBP came back up the bluetooth icon in the menu bar is gray with a darker wavy line through it.

So I check the System Report and it says No Information Found in Bluetooth.

For full disclosure: the SSD is dual boot 10.11.6 and 10.14.3, neither OS finds the Bluetooth anymore.

Any suggestions would be helpful. I love my MBP.

Thank you in advance!

Stay cool and safe

edited because I forgot to add:

The issue is with noise cancelling on the left AirPod crackles whenever I speak or someone close to me is speaking. Not that I believe the AirPod issue is what's disappeared the Bluetooth from my MBP but just so no one has to ask.

Thanks again

Posted on Jun 30, 2021 6:17 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 7, 2021 5:48 AM

Weird thing but I found the answer. Reset the SMC. Found the solution here:

https://www.igeeksblog.com/fix-bluetooth-not-available-error-mac/

TLDR: reset the SMC from shutdown hold SHIFT+CONTROL+OPTION at the same time. Use the keys on the LEFT side of the built-in keyboard.

Thanks

Similar questions

1 reply

macbookpro5,3 bluetooth disappeared after trying to pair to AirPod Pros

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.