You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't sign into iCloud on Mojave 10.14.6; no documented solutions are working

I can sign into iCloud on my iPhone, iPad, and even the appstore on my Mac. But not through the Mac system preferences. Not the iCloud preferences nor Internet Accounts. I type in my Apple ID and (correct) password, and after watching a spinning loading icon for a few seconds, I'm brought back to an empty Apple ID field, with no error message.

I tried:

sudo -v ; killall -9 accountsd com.apple.iCloudHelper ; defaults delete MobileMeAccounts ; mkdir ~/Library/Accounts/Backup ; mv ~/Library/Accounts/*.sqlite* ~/Library/Accounts/Backup/ ; killall -9 accountsd com.apple.iCloudHelper ; sudo reboot

which did not work. I tried temporarily moving

~/Library/Accounts/Application\ Support/iCloud

and the system seems to never generate any new contents.

I also tried the answer here:

https://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/338806/re-upgrade-to-macos-mojave-esp-parts-relating-to-icloud-without-loosing-data/341371#341371

I also tried creating a new admin user and logging into iCloud from there; this does not work either.\

Any suggestions?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jul 1, 2021 1:32 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 1, 2021 1:43 PM

Hello, jphollowed.

This is quoted from the thread you linked above:

"Without knowing the root cause of your iCloud issues it‘s impossible to say what exactly will help to solve it. You can reinstall macOS Mojave from Recovery (Cmd-R), and there is an option to install it without deleting your data. Whether this will solve your issues remains to be determined. And, as far as I know, there is no way of rerunning just parts of the installation."

I agree that reinstalling the macOS is probably close to being the next best step.

Before doing that, however, try doing a Safe boot restart.

How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support 

Does the problem persist while in Safe mode? 

Exit safe mode by restarting your Mac normally and re-evaluate the issue again after a normal reboot.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 1, 2021 1:43 PM in response to jphollowed

Hello, jphollowed.

This is quoted from the thread you linked above:

"Without knowing the root cause of your iCloud issues it‘s impossible to say what exactly will help to solve it. You can reinstall macOS Mojave from Recovery (Cmd-R), and there is an option to install it without deleting your data. Whether this will solve your issues remains to be determined. And, as far as I know, there is no way of rerunning just parts of the installation."

I agree that reinstalling the macOS is probably close to being the next best step.

Before doing that, however, try doing a Safe boot restart.

How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support 

Does the problem persist while in Safe mode? 

Exit safe mode by restarting your Mac normally and re-evaluate the issue again after a normal reboot.

Can't sign into iCloud on Mojave 10.14.6; no documented solutions are working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.