You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HomePod not handing off

Hi,

Running iOS 14.6 on an iPhone SE 2 and OG HomePod and have found that music will not transfer anymore when I hold the phone near to the top of the device.

I have checked settings and transfer to HomePod is enabled, also I have reset the HomePod which didn't fix it either.

I was wondering if anyone else was experiencing this and has found a solution?

HomePod

Posted on Jul 2, 2021 6:55 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 16, 2023 2:34 PM

Hello

From your post we see you are trying to transfer music to your HomePod via handoff and having some trouble. We want to help get that feature working! Does transferring audio from the HomePod to your iPhone work? Also check to make sure you have the right settings for who can control audio on that HomePod in the Home app, this article shows how: Play audio on HomePod using an iOS or iPadOS device.

Take care!

[Personal Information Edited by Moderator]

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 16, 2023 2:34 PM in response to automaticecho

Hello

From your post we see you are trying to transfer music to your HomePod via handoff and having some trouble. We want to help get that feature working! Does transferring audio from the HomePod to your iPhone work? Also check to make sure you have the right settings for who can control audio on that HomePod in the Home app, this article shows how: Play audio on HomePod using an iOS or iPadOS device.

Take care!

[Personal Information Edited by Moderator]

Jul 5, 2021 3:13 PM in response to Nicholas_B2

Thanks for your message.

Weirdly when I tried again today it has fixed itself. Not really sure what was going on with the music app that day as I had other problems too!

Transferring from the HomePod to the phone didn't work either, I had the correct settings (confirmed by checking the article you attached) and I was the one who set up the home.

Hopefully it's fixed for now, had a few weird handoff problems with the late iOS 14 releases...

HomePod not handing off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.