You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to see my childs imessages

My child has a family shared account. remind me again how to see their iMessages? and can they delete the conversation before back up and I can't see anyway...?

iPad Air 3, iPadOS 14

Posted on Jul 3, 2021 12:24 AM

1 reply

Jul 4, 2021 6:28 AM in response to Sclllll

Hey Sclllll,

Thanks for posting your question in Apple Support Communities.

The article you have recently viewed provides great steps for creating a Child account, however this information would be assist you with this issue.

Unfortunately there is no way to view the messages of your child through family sharing. You can restore from backups on their device but to answer your question, yes they can be deleted prior to the backup therefore limiting what you can view.

If you would like to make a suggestion for a feature such as this you can leave feedback using this link: Product Feedback.

Best Wishes.

how to see my childs imessages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.