You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Send a copy by email?

My Pages program no longer gives me the option to "send a copy" of a document by email. The only options it lists are: air drop, messages, notes. What happened? Is this just the way it is with updates, or did I mess up a setting somewhere?

Right now, I have to do double work to export it to a PDF or DOC document and then email it. Anyone else who had the same issue that can help?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.4

Posted on Jul 5, 2021 11:32 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 5, 2021 11:37 AM

If Apple Mail is not the default Mail agent, or you are using Apple Mail as a front end for another Mail client, then you may not have Mail present in the Send a Copy tool or Share menu > Send a Copy. Look in System Preferences > Extensions > Share Menu panel. Is Mail present and selectable? Is there another Mail client extension that is already selected (e.g. Outlook)?

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 5, 2021 11:37 AM in response to maryamarya

If Apple Mail is not the default Mail agent, or you are using Apple Mail as a front end for another Mail client, then you may not have Mail present in the Send a Copy tool or Share menu > Send a Copy. Look in System Preferences > Extensions > Share Menu panel. Is Mail present and selectable? Is there another Mail client extension that is already selected (e.g. Outlook)?

Send a copy by email?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.