You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Suspicious phone call

I received a call from ****-4449 it was an automated call saying that my iCloud has some suspicious activity and wanted me to hit option 1 to speak to an Apple Support advisor. Is this real or a scam? They called twice.

[Edited by Moderator]

Posted on Jul 5, 2021 12:09 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 5, 2021 12:26 PM

Above is correct. Only time Apple calls is if you called first, and requested a callback.

Calling telephone numbers can be faked/forged/spoofed, as can sending email addresses.

Click or tap for related info > Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Scam calls are common, as are website ads and pop-ups that try to convince you to add a spam calendar, and email and SMS spam of course, and all sorts of different and utterly fake “you have 65535 viruses!” and “you’re infected!” advertising pop-ups.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 5, 2021 12:26 PM in response to KrisVand

Above is correct. Only time Apple calls is if you called first, and requested a callback.

Calling telephone numbers can be faked/forged/spoofed, as can sending email addresses.

Click or tap for related info > Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Scam calls are common, as are website ads and pop-ups that try to convince you to add a spam calendar, and email and SMS spam of course, and all sorts of different and utterly fake “you have 65535 viruses!” and “you’re infected!” advertising pop-ups.

Suspicious phone call

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.