You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes playlists not showing in Apple TV iTunes

I have an Apple TV model 1842. When I select ITunes none of my playlists show when I select playlists. When I go to the settings menu and select Audi and video, there isn’t a “show playlists” selection offered. How do I get access to my playlists via Apple TV?

Posted on Jul 5, 2021 6:18 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2021 1:00 AM

Is this about music or videos?

The Music app should access the Apple Music subscription content, including playlists in your iCloud Music Library, for the active account (Library tab, then Playlists). If you have more than one user account on your Apple TV, then verify that the correct one is active, as that affects the content for the Music app as well.

For Home Sharing, only downloaded content is shared from a networked Mac or PC. (Apple TV: Computers app, Music tab, then Playlists.)

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 6, 2021 1:00 AM in response to EBIPADuser

Is this about music or videos?

The Music app should access the Apple Music subscription content, including playlists in your iCloud Music Library, for the active account (Library tab, then Playlists). If you have more than one user account on your Apple TV, then verify that the correct one is active, as that affects the content for the Music app as well.

For Home Sharing, only downloaded content is shared from a networked Mac or PC. (Apple TV: Computers app, Music tab, then Playlists.)

iTunes playlists not showing in Apple TV iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.