You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Scribble not working

Hi! So, i use my apple pen for scribble and the handwritting to text with it a lot and i do know it supports both spanish and english, however after i downloaded goodnotes, i cannot find a way to use scribble anymore. I have tried using it on notes, safari, maps, unpairing the apple pen, restarting the ipad, closing all apps and nothing has worked. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Posted on Jul 5, 2021 8:25 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2021 2:46 PM

Hello andy_ro7.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you're experiencing issues when attempting to use the Scribble feature with your iPad. If so, we'd like to do our best to assist you.

You've done a great job in troubleshooting this specific issue. You had mentioned that this feature stopped working when you had downloaded Goodnotes. If you uninstall this specific app, does the Scribble feature work again? Currently is your iPad full updated on its software version? If you do have pending updates, it would be best to install them.

Back up iPad - Apple Support

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Also, while you have your Apple Pencil paired to your device, navigate to Settings > Apple Pencil and confirm that Scribble is enabled and turned on.

Feel free to keep us updated. Cheers.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 6, 2021 2:46 PM in response to andy_ro7

Hello andy_ro7.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you're experiencing issues when attempting to use the Scribble feature with your iPad. If so, we'd like to do our best to assist you.

You've done a great job in troubleshooting this specific issue. You had mentioned that this feature stopped working when you had downloaded Goodnotes. If you uninstall this specific app, does the Scribble feature work again? Currently is your iPad full updated on its software version? If you do have pending updates, it would be best to install them.

Back up iPad - Apple Support

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Also, while you have your Apple Pencil paired to your device, navigate to Settings > Apple Pencil and confirm that Scribble is enabled and turned on.

Feel free to keep us updated. Cheers.

Jul 6, 2021 3:52 PM in response to andy_ro7

I use Good Notes and it does NOT have any handwriting to text conversion feature or scribble handwriting to text features in the main notes area of Good Notes.

The Scribble feature only works to name/rename notebooks in Good Notes.

Good Notes works by converting your handwriting to vector line work and Good Notes developers have developed a handwriting vector engine to make your handwriting actually search-able, by Good Notes, as if it were actual text.

With handwriting being search-able, the developers of Good Notes did not feel a need to have any handwriting to text features.

If you think this is a feature that you think should be incorporated into Good Notes, you need to contact the developers of Good Notes and also leave a review and feedback of their app in the IOS App Store within the Good Notes app location with your opinions/recommendations.

Best of Luck to You!

Scribble not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.