You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Headphones are not recognized by computer

This regards a MacBook Air 13", 2019, running MacOs BigSur 11.4. I have a set of Logitech wired headphones that I've used with this computer and with my iPad Pro for a year or so. Recently, they stopped working with the MacBook. When plugged in, the MacBook doesn't recognize the headset and the mute light on the headset, which is normally lit when connected, doesn't come on. The headphones still work normally on the iPad Pro - light and all. I haven't used the headphones in a month or two, so I'm wondering if a MacOS update has affected them.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.4

Posted on Jul 6, 2021 1:34 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2021 1:58 PM

Ok, thanks. As these headsets do not require any specific drivers, I do not think the latest update to Big Sur to be the problem. However, anything is possible.

A couple of things you can try, since you say that they still work perfectly with your iPad:

• I'm assuming that you are using some sort of USB-A-to-USB-C adapter to connect this headset to your MBA, would be to try using another USB-C port on your MBA. If available, try a different adapter.
  • Reset your MBA's SMC. Ref: How to reset the SMC on your Mac - Apple Support
4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 6, 2021 1:58 PM in response to grover0

Ok, thanks. As these headsets do not require any specific drivers, I do not think the latest update to Big Sur to be the problem. However, anything is possible.

A couple of things you can try, since you say that they still work perfectly with your iPad:

• I'm assuming that you are using some sort of USB-A-to-USB-C adapter to connect this headset to your MBA, would be to try using another USB-C port on your MBA. If available, try a different adapter.
  • Reset your MBA's SMC. Ref: How to reset the SMC on your Mac - Apple Support

Headphones are not recognized by computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.