You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple tv can not switch to 4k with dolby vision when connected to denon receiver

I encountered exacitly the same problem in

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/251148096

Setting is close, just the TV is A8G

Also I tried to connect the apple tv to Sony TV directly, Dolby vision works fine.

Both of the HDMI cable are high speed one, I verified them too.

----

I have an Apple TV 4k connected thru HDMI to a Denon AVR S950H which in turn is connected thru HDMI to a Sony 65" A9G.

apple tv can not switch to 4k with dolby vision when connected to denon receiver. when connect directly to my sony tv I can switch to 4k with dolby vision.

I have connected apple and denon with no solution yet.

what possible settings might I be missing?

Apple TV, tvOS 14

Posted on Jul 7, 2021 6:13 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 7, 2021 8:14 PM

I have the Denon AVR-S960H and it works with Dolby Vision fine. On your Denon select Settings->Video-> 4K Signal Format setting. The default is Standard, change it to Enhanced. I believe that will solve your issue.

Similar questions

3 replies

Jul 8, 2021 5:50 PM in response to lkrupp

@Ikrupp

Thanks for your reply!

However I already tried to turn the mode the "Enhanced", also I tried to turn the HDMI mode to "Bypass", both won't work.

If I plugged HDMI directly to the eARC mode HDMI on the TV, it switches to "Dolby Vision" automatically.

Also tried to turn HDR mode on my TV from "Auto" to "HDR10", it does not help as well.

Both cable I am using, I am sure they are high speed HDMI cable (>18GBps)

Jul 9, 2021 8:12 AM in response to kuoweitseng

The only other thing I can come up with is to check the Denon’s firmware update status. Make sure you are on the latest available. Like I said my AVR-S960H is humming along fine with Dolby Vision, HDR10, Dolby Atmos, etc. Our models should be pretty close in features, the difference being the 960H supports 8K.

Have you though about contacting Denon tech support?

apple tv can not switch to 4k with dolby vision when connected to denon receiver

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.