You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why can I not add 4k videos to shared album using Photos Version 5.0 (161.0.120) on Catalina 10.15.7?

My family and I took a bunch of videos and photos during our vacation. We created a shared album and tried to upload all of the photos and videos to the shared album (from within Photos on OSX).

I kept getting "export failed" errors. I finally narrowed it down to any video I made with my iphone 12, at a resolution of 2160 × 3840, HEVC, and 29.98 FPS.

The file sizes are smaller than some of the videos from the iPhone Xs, at 1920 × 1080, HEVC, and 60 FPS.

Why can't I add these videos to my shared album using the mac ?

As an aside, if I select the video on the iphone itself, and then tell it to add to shared album, it does with no problem.

thank you

Posted on Jul 8, 2021 8:23 PM

Similar questions

3 replies

why can I not add 4k videos to shared album using Photos Version 5.0 (161.0.120) on Catalina 10.15.7?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.