You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I recover my iMessages I unfortunately deleted?

iPad, iPadOS 14

Posted on Jul 9, 2021 11:55 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 9, 2021 12:12 PM

It depends. If you are using iCloud Messages, no. If you are not, then if you have a backup of the iPhone that was made when the message was on the iPad and you have not made a backup since the message was deleted, you can restore the iPad to the backup. Understand that restoring to a backup takes the device back to the date/time the backup was made and anything done since that time is lost.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 9, 2021 12:12 PM in response to Monrok1

It depends. If you are using iCloud Messages, no. If you are not, then if you have a backup of the iPhone that was made when the message was on the iPad and you have not made a backup since the message was deleted, you can restore the iPad to the backup. Understand that restoring to a backup takes the device back to the date/time the backup was made and anything done since that time is lost.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.