You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

“Messages” app/icon missing

I don’t know what happened but my messages app has been deleted or at least removed from my dashboard. I know it says that you can’t delete it but tried on another phone and you can.

I tried to fetch it from the App Store but I can’t seem to find it.

please help

iPhone 12 mini, iOS 14

Posted on Jul 10, 2021 3:06 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 12, 2021 11:35 AM

thank you! same thing happened to me today - messages icon disappeared but messages still there. I didn't know about the library so many thanks. All good now.

3 replies

Jul 10, 2021 3:11 PM in response to Umpapa

You can remove it from the home screen but cannot delete it -- at least I can't and the following also says that: Delete built-in Apple apps from the Home screen on your iOS 14 or iPadOS device or Apple Watch - Apple Support

The Messages app is not one of the apps that can be deleted but with iOS 14 it can be removed from the home screen. If you have iOS 14, go to the App Library (swipe left past your last home screen). From there you can touch and hold an app and slide it left back to the home screen.

“Messages” app/icon missing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.