You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Excel spreadsheet number row upside down on my 2nd screen

When I shift the excel spread sheet to the 2nd (dual) screen, the number row is upside down and the number ordering is random.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.4

Posted on Jul 13, 2021 12:48 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 13, 2021 5:22 AM

You might get lucky if someone knows the answer but it Excel is not the expertise of this forum. The expertise here is the Numbers app.

You might find some information searching the internet for Excel row numbers upside down. I did not find anything about it happening only on a second screen but here is a snippet from one site:

As the many of the reported users who’re having the same problem resolved the problem by doing the following:

a. Updating the Office application to latest version.

b. Scrolling out of view and scrolling back. (one of the members in original thread mentioned it’s resolved for him)

I think (b) is just a temporary fix. I recall this was a problem a few years ago that was fixed with an Excel update (at least for the main screen)

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 13, 2021 5:22 AM in response to yi-mei

You might get lucky if someone knows the answer but it Excel is not the expertise of this forum. The expertise here is the Numbers app.

You might find some information searching the internet for Excel row numbers upside down. I did not find anything about it happening only on a second screen but here is a snippet from one site:

As the many of the reported users who’re having the same problem resolved the problem by doing the following:

a. Updating the Office application to latest version.

b. Scrolling out of view and scrolling back. (one of the members in original thread mentioned it’s resolved for him)

I think (b) is just a temporary fix. I recall this was a problem a few years ago that was fixed with an Excel update (at least for the main screen)

Excel spreadsheet number row upside down on my 2nd screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.