You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Headphone during calls

I have an issue regarding my m1 macbook pro's headphone/earphone. It works when I play or watch videos but during calls the sound are coming out to the built-in speaker of my macbook. What solution can I do?

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Jul 16, 2021 8:37 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 16, 2021 9:04 PM

Kenny_07 Said:

"Headphone during calls: I have an issue regarding my m1 macbook pro's headphone/earphone. It works when I play or watch videos but during calls the sound are coming out to the built-in speaker of my macbook. What solution can I do?"

-------

I. Start with this Site: Change the Sound Output Settings on Mac - Apple Support

II. As for Troubleshooting AirPods...

A Few Thoughts to Try:

A. Visit Apple Support links:

B. Verify the Balance:

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: General
  3. Tap: Accessibility
  4. Scroll Down: to Hearing
  5. Adjust: the audio volume balance

C. Also, Clear Out Earwax:

How to clean your AirPods and EarPods - Apple Support

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 16, 2021 9:04 PM in response to Kenny_07

Kenny_07 Said:

"Headphone during calls: I have an issue regarding my m1 macbook pro's headphone/earphone. It works when I play or watch videos but during calls the sound are coming out to the built-in speaker of my macbook. What solution can I do?"

-------

I. Start with this Site: Change the Sound Output Settings on Mac - Apple Support

II. As for Troubleshooting AirPods...

A Few Thoughts to Try:

A. Visit Apple Support links:

B. Verify the Balance:

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: General
  3. Tap: Accessibility
  4. Scroll Down: to Hearing
  5. Adjust: the audio volume balance

C. Also, Clear Out Earwax:

How to clean your AirPods and EarPods - Apple Support

Jul 16, 2021 9:48 PM in response to Kenny_07

Kenny_07 Said:

"I hope this will fix the issue. Thank you so much.: I have follow up question: are macbook pro compatible to any brand of headphones?"

-------

You are welcome.

Compatibility would be a Culprit:

To answer your question. No. Some may not work -- it usually depends on the operating system. If drivers are not available from the manufacturer, then using them may not be an option. Important: When getting drivers, be certain you get them from the manufacturer and no where else. Elsewise, you may get Malware installed.

Headphone during calls

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.