You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen capture and screen recording not working on iPhone 11

i am not able to use screen capture either from accessibility option nor using power + volume button. The screen just blinks but not able to see any capture in photo gallery.

I am using iPhone 11 with iOS 14.6. It’s really frustrating as this feature is used a lot in day to day conversations and office work aswell

Also the icing on cake is I am also not able to use screen recording. Each time error pops up that - “Not available on when Airplay, CarPlay restrictions or screen mirroring is active”.

Have double checked that no restrictions are on for screen recording yet this error never goes and cannot use screen recording.

Request community to pls help

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Jul 17, 2021 1:03 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 17, 2021 1:06 PM

Do you have a company email account on your phone, or is it managed under MDM (Mobile Device Management) from a business or school? If any of these are true the administrator has extensive control over features of the phone, including screen shots and screen recording (and many others).

2 replies

Screen capture and screen recording not working on iPhone 11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.