You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do I have to restore my iPhone if I have forgotten the passcode

I restarted my phone and can't remember the passcode to get back In the phone. There's got to be a way I can get in the phone without restoring it and losing everything. I have so many work and school documents, personal documents, victims information, I can't restore this phone

iPhone 12

Posted on Jul 18, 2021 11:16 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 18, 2021 11:19 AM

If you have a backup you will be able to restore your data, however, if not, I'm afraid there is no way to recover this information.

The only way to remove the passcode from your iPhone is following the steps at If you've forgotten the passcode on your iPhone, or your iPhone is disabled – Apple Support, to connect your iPhone to a Macbook or computer running iTunes.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 18, 2021 11:19 AM in response to Vestal2021

If you have a backup you will be able to restore your data, however, if not, I'm afraid there is no way to recover this information.

The only way to remove the passcode from your iPhone is following the steps at If you've forgotten the passcode on your iPhone, or your iPhone is disabled – Apple Support, to connect your iPhone to a Macbook or computer running iTunes.

Do I have to restore my iPhone if I have forgotten the passcode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.