You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

applemusicsyncing

I am a mobile dj.My whole music library is in iTunes.Signed up for Apple Music and love it.Just got freaked out when is was merging my music.Felt like my files were not going to be on my laptop anymore.I'm assuming it's just copying to the cloud and still on my computer.Was taking long to with seemingly not a lot of progress.So I stopped or unchecked the sync in preferences now I can't stream or download on laptop.Just wanted to confirm that I won't lose my internal stored music before I try again.

Posted on Jul 18, 2021 3:01 PM

Similar questions

4 replies

Jul 18, 2021 3:22 PM in response to turingtest2

Thank you so much! I do have my library backed up already.Just freaked me out thinking I'm dumping it all there from my internal.Need it locally when djing,usually no internet available.My dj program I use can play the Apple Music files downloaded with limited options but still plays.Acts as a purchased track essentially.So all the iTunes library storage is part of the Apple Music subscription on their icloud not on my personal iCloud.I only have 9.5 free gb space available.Do the songs I download to my library count on my iCloud or Apple Music icloud,Streaming I'm not worried about.

Jul 19, 2021 3:29 AM in response to applemusicsyncing

Matching/upload times will depend on your Internet speed, quantity, ratio of matched to uploaded content, etc. I don't have a way to estimate the time for you, but there is an activity widget that make give you some idea of how far along the process has got.

If you're trying to use Apple Music to release local storage then be aware that matches may not always be prefect. For example you might remove the download for an explicit copy of a song only to find that a clean copy streams from the cloud, or you get a completely different version of the song.

tt2

applemusicsyncing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.