You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Returning Mac

I need to return my Mac due to a broken screen.

How do I erase it if I can't see anything on the screen?

Posted on Jul 19, 2021 12:54 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 20, 2021 10:04 AM

Hello JCW2121,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. After reviewing your post, it sounds like you are looking for help erasing your Mac when you cannot see the display due to damages. We definitely understand that can be a concern and we'd love to help. You may try to connect an external monitor to your MacBook, which could allow you to see the macOS screens.

Once you’ve regained visuals of the software, follow one of these two articles for help with the erasing:

Please let us know if you have follow-up questions about this issue, or if the issue remains unresolved. Have a great day!

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 20, 2021 10:04 AM in response to JCW2121

Hello JCW2121,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. After reviewing your post, it sounds like you are looking for help erasing your Mac when you cannot see the display due to damages. We definitely understand that can be a concern and we'd love to help. You may try to connect an external monitor to your MacBook, which could allow you to see the macOS screens.

Once you’ve regained visuals of the software, follow one of these two articles for help with the erasing:

Please let us know if you have follow-up questions about this issue, or if the issue remains unresolved. Have a great day!

Returning Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.