You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am using my phone last two month the battery drain is too much like 100 to 97 it’s very bad to see this battery drained very fast please solve this problem as soon as possible!!!!

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Jul 20, 2021 11:38 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 21, 2021 12:49 AM

It is only an estimate of max capacity and varies with individual phones. It ages more with the number of full charge cycles. If you use the whole charge in a day then 1% ageing per month is not unusual.

Only worry if it goes to 80% inside the first year, in which case Apple should replace it free. Nothing to be done at this moment.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 21, 2021 12:49 AM in response to siddhant116

It is only an estimate of max capacity and varies with individual phones. It ages more with the number of full charge cycles. If you use the whole charge in a day then 1% ageing per month is not unusual.

Only worry if it goes to 80% inside the first year, in which case Apple should replace it free. Nothing to be done at this moment.

Jul 25, 2021 10:37 AM in response to siddhant116

My iPhone 10 drains battery from 100% to 26% in only 1 hour!!! I'm thinking I need to change phone brands. Apple needs to think HARD about this. Look's like I'm not the only person with this problem.

The iPhone 6 had a similar problem with its battery. Apple helped its consumers with paying for new batteries at that time. Are you going to step up again Apple?

Jul 25, 2021 11:40 AM in response to 8onnie

All smartphones use the same battery technology, mostly manufactured by the same few companies. And all batteries of this type are consumables, and lose a little capacity every time the are discharged and then recharged. So by all means buy a different manufacturer’s phone and you will find this out for yourself. Or have Apple replace the battery for $49 while you wait.

In 2017 Apple did replace batteries for free, but that was because their documentation wasn’t clear about the fact that batteries are consumables. And for the next year they replaced them for $29. But it is now 5 years later, and if your battery has lasted this long it’s a miracle.

I am using my phone last two month the battery drain is too much like 100 to 97 it’s very bad to see this battery drained very fast please solve this problem as soon as possible!!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.