You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The keyboard shortcut in Numbers for "Next spreadsheet is cmd-}

The keyboard shortcut in Numbers for "Next spreadsheet" is cmd-}

so its using the curly bracket - that is not on the keyboard of a MacBook Pro

How is this then a keyboard shortcut ? :-)

How to fix it ?

Or get around it ?

There does not seem to be customizable shortcut in Numbers, latest version ?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jul 22, 2021 5:21 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 22, 2021 8:42 AM

You can customize and create shortcuts for all menu items in all apps in System Preferences->Keyboard->Shortcuts->App Shortcuts. Well, I say "all" but I cannot guarantee it is really "all". Anyway, the shortcuts you are talking about are in the Window menu of Numbers. When creating new shortcuts (or creating new shortcuts to replace existing ones), you have to type in the menu item exactly as it appears in the menu. Capitalization and punctuation matter. You will see your new shortcuts appear in the menu if you got it right.

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 22, 2021 8:42 AM in response to odd håkon

You can customize and create shortcuts for all menu items in all apps in System Preferences->Keyboard->Shortcuts->App Shortcuts. Well, I say "all" but I cannot guarantee it is really "all". Anyway, the shortcuts you are talking about are in the Window menu of Numbers. When creating new shortcuts (or creating new shortcuts to replace existing ones), you have to type in the menu item exactly as it appears in the menu. Capitalization and punctuation matter. You will see your new shortcuts appear in the menu if you got it right.

Jul 22, 2021 12:27 PM in response to odd håkon

odd håkon wrote:

The keyboard shortcut in Numbers for "Next spreadsheet" is cmd-}
so its using the curly bracket - that is not on the keyboard of a MacBook Pro

Actually on many keyboards, including the US keyboard, the curly bracket is on the keyboard of a MacBook Pro. It's right above the straight bracket. So one can type shift-command-], with no need to set up a special shortcut.

SG

Jul 22, 2021 12:49 PM in response to odd håkon

odd håkon wrote:

Oh.. the Norwegian keyboard have neither of them :-) , I have no idea how one would use them either.

On the Norwegian keyboard I believe the default key combination for a curly bracket { is shift-option-8.

A } is shift-option-9.

You can see how different modifier keys work on your system by going to Show Keyboard Viewer in the Input menu.

You can activate the Input menu by checking 'Show Input menu in menu bar' at System Preferences > Keyboard > Input Sources.

SG

The keyboard shortcut in Numbers for "Next spreadsheet is cmd-}

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.