You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Instagram app doesn't rotate

Hi, as you can see, when I open Instagram app, the app is vertical but the whole thing is horizontal so is there a way where it can be like TikTok where whether you have rotation lock or not, you must always turn your iPad vertically just like on TikTok, I found that more convenient so can anyone help me? My device is an iPad Air 4

[Edited by Moderator]

Posted on Jul 25, 2021 10:04 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 26, 2021 10:52 AM

Apps may, or may not, support both Portrait & Landscape modes - this being at the discretion of the App developer. Some Apps may only support one or other screen mode - and will always launch in this mode if the other is not supported.

Not all App developers choose to support Landscape mode in Apps intended for an iPhone. Some Apps that are designed for iPhone may only work in Portrait orientation - and some will not re-scale to the larger screen of iPad. In either case, there is nothing that you can do to change the manner in which the App displays on your iPad.

You need to direct your feedback - and feature request for full iPad support - to the individual App Developer(s):

How to contact an app developer - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 26, 2021 10:52 AM in response to Ken_Wei

Apps may, or may not, support both Portrait & Landscape modes - this being at the discretion of the App developer. Some Apps may only support one or other screen mode - and will always launch in this mode if the other is not supported.

Not all App developers choose to support Landscape mode in Apps intended for an iPhone. Some Apps that are designed for iPhone may only work in Portrait orientation - and some will not re-scale to the larger screen of iPad. In either case, there is nothing that you can do to change the manner in which the App displays on your iPad.

You need to direct your feedback - and feature request for full iPad support - to the individual App Developer(s):

How to contact an app developer - Apple Support

Instagram app doesn't rotate

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.