You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using music/podcast apps while using navigation (google/apps maps)

I do not have a car with an apple carplay compatibility. But I can connect via Bluetooth. The car stereo doesnt have a touch screen.

Google maps on an android phone allows to use maps , and while using them gives options to use music apps/podcast apps (e.g, spotify). You can use "android auto" without connecting to a car. just allows simple bluetooth connectivity.

What can an iphone do in this case ? Even the Apple store person wasnt really sure.

is there some driving mode that allows use of navigation and easily use spotify/music apps in parallel ?

This is key feature for me to switch to a latest iphone.

Posted on Jul 25, 2021 1:08 PM

2 replies

Jul 26, 2021 3:24 AM in response to SravanKrA

Excellent. You got my point.

I hope you don't mind asking a bit more on this. (because i am unable to ask the question in Apple language. :-) )

Do google maps give some buttons on screen to view the other apps, and take actions there ? e.g. while driving, i may want to listen to next song or switch to a podcast app etc.. then back to navigation screen. Similar to what I get in android phone's screenshot.

Using music/podcast apps while using navigation (google/apps maps)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.