You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My photos show up on my daughters Mac air

Hi. I gave my Mac air to my daughter. She has changed the Apple ID but my photos and any new ones I take  still show up. Everything else syncs ok. The photos are the only issue. Any suggestions please ?

Posted on Jul 26, 2021 7:21 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 26, 2021 8:26 AM

Could be two issues.

First, do you have shared albums enables in Photos on your machine and your daughter's?

If all that was done was to change the AppleID and not completely wipe and re-install macOS and let her set up the Mac as her own machine, then she is still using your Photos library and therefor is still linked to you. FWIW, this is what should have been done before giving your daughter the Mac so it could be personalized to her:

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Mac - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 26, 2021 8:26 AM in response to Boogster1954

Could be two issues.

First, do you have shared albums enables in Photos on your machine and your daughter's?

If all that was done was to change the AppleID and not completely wipe and re-install macOS and let her set up the Mac as her own machine, then she is still using your Photos library and therefor is still linked to you. FWIW, this is what should have been done before giving your daughter the Mac so it could be personalized to her:

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Mac - Apple Support

Jul 26, 2021 8:42 AM in response to woodmeister50

Thank you. I think your first answer is probably the issue. I did have album sharing enabled so have turned that off. I will have to check with my daughter later and get her to turn it off if it is on.

Actually it’s a brand new computer which I had only set up for a week when hers failed. Hence I just gave it to her.

Many thanks I’ll confirm later after I’ve spoken to her.

My photos show up on my daughters Mac air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.