You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Blocked number keeps calling

A couple of months ago I blocked a number. A week ago the same number started calling again. I blocked it on the iPhone 12 Pro Max and yet they still was calling. I even downloaded the call protect app added the number to that and yet their still calling threw. Help

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Jul 28, 2021 7:11 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 28, 2021 7:43 PM

It is probably not the actual number they are calling from. That is call spoofing, and the spammers are using that more lately and are switching all the time. You do have the option to turn on Silence Unknown Callers, however that will also block anyone that is not in your Contacts.

6 replies

Jul 28, 2021 7:52 PM in response to Wart05

Wart05 Said:

"Blocked number keeps calling: A couple of months ago I blocked a number. A week ago the same number started calling again. I blocked it on the iPhone 12 Pro Max and yet they still was calling. I even downloaded the call protect app added the number to that and yet their still calling threw. Help"

-------

Blocking This Out:

Use a Third-Party app called Malwarebytes Mobile Security. It is developed by long time users of these forums, making it fully-trustworthy for Apple devices.

View my reply to this link: Can you please block all scam likely phone call from ringing my phone all the time - Apple Community

Blocked number keeps calling

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.