You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Important Camera Message

I noticed that some apps have been having issues using my phone’s camera lately and would display a black screen when activating the camera to scan barcodes or take pictures. Today after wanting to take a picture and only seeing a black screen with the camera not turning on I decided to restart my phone and see if that would help but now I’m greeted with the message about my phone unable to verify it had a genuine Apple camera. I’ve never gotten my phone serviced and had it since it launched so I’m not sure if it’s a software related issue or if the camera could be damaged?

Along with that message I noticed that I’m no longer able to use the ultra wide camera so I’m unable to zoom out like I used to when using it. It seems like it affected how far I can zoom in and out when looking through the lens, with it defaulting to 2x zoom every time I launch the camera.

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Jul 28, 2021 8:28 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 28, 2021 8:36 PM

Your iPhone 12 Pro Max is less than one year old and is therefore covered by the Apple 1YR Limited Warranty (US) so have it examined at the Apple Store or at an authorized service center and take advantage of it. You may also contact ➔ Apple Support

Axel F.

Similar questions

3 replies

Important Camera Message

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.